This program is sponsored by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation and seeks to increase the number of outstanding engineering Ph.D. graduates from under-represented populations (i.e. African Americans, Hispanics and Native Americans). This program provides three years of support for students who have recently completed the Ph.D. Qualifying/Preliminary exam.
- Georgia Tech Ph.D. student in the College of Engineering or College of Computing.
- Passed Ph.D. Qualifying/Prelim exam within the past 24 months.
- US Citizen.
Georgia Tech Sloan Fellows receive:
- Stipend supplement of $10k per year for 3 years which is added to GRA, GTA or other fellowship funding the student is currently receiving
- Professional Development fund of $10k to be used over the 3 years of the award. This fund is used for professional development expenses including books and journals, professional travel, and direct research costs including materials, supplies and equipment.
- Inclusion in academic and career enrichment, mentoring and retention activities conducted by the Georgia Tech University Center of Exemplary Mentoring (GT-UCEM)
Questions should be directed to: GTSloan@coe.gatech.edu.
Application for 2019-2020 may be downloaded HERE.